Joshua Heffernan, Esq. is a Senior Case Manager, Commercial Division at ADR Systems of America, LLC. He has been active in the field of alternative dispute resolution for many years. During law school, Joshua was first runner-up for best advocate at the 2008 Willem Vis Commercial Arbitration Moot.
After graduation he spent a year at Stockholm University doing a course of study in international commercial arbitration. He then began working with ADR Systems administering commercial mediations and arbitrations in the areas of contract, products liability, professional malpractice, construction and complex business/commercial matters.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Senior Case Manager, Commercial Division, ADR Systems, 2010 – present
- Complex commercial mediation involving a products liability class action with multiple mediation sessions
- Tri-panel construction arbitration involving multiple parties over a 9-month period
- Condominium association and insurance coverage mediations
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, team coach
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar
- B.A., Government, Wesleyan University
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
For more information about ADR Systems, read Our Story.